Likeengagement ringIt is a ring that indicates that the person wearing it is engaged. A ring is given as an engagement gift by a couple to their future spouse when they propose or immediately after accepting a marriage proposal. It represents a formal agreement for a future marriage. Engagement rings are mostly worn by women and the rings may contain diamonds or other precious stones.
ENGAGEMENT RING SET VS. STYLE
We use the term "Style', to refer to the ring's overall look and design aesthetic: is it a sleek modern ring with a simple band and an emerald-cut diamond, or is it a vintage-inspired ring with hand-engraved details and a pavé setting?
An engagement ring"context" refers to the ring as a whole and specifically how the diamonds/gemstones are mounted within the ring or attached to the band. A ring consists of a "head", the top part of the ring that encloses the diamonds/stones Precious stones and the "wand", the part of the ring that wraps around the finger.The ring setting is meant to emphasize the beauty of an engagement diamond.
Need help choosing the perfect engagement ring in Boca Raton?
From traditional to modern, the background you choose should reflect the personal style of your groom-to-be.This article was written to helpwalk you through the different setup styles, which we've found to be the most popular.
The following form the main categories of engagement ring setting styles:Lonely,style mix,three stones,accented diamondmiInspired, not vintage.
Solitaire Engagement Ring
A solitaire engagement ring has a single diamond in the center. It offers an opportunity to showcase the diamond in an environment that will never go out of style. Solitaire engagement ring settings offer your diamond maximum visibilityEssentially very good quality in the diamond.
Although the solitaire game is so simple,In fact, there are many elements that distinguish this aspect. Some examples of the different types of solitaire are pinheads, cathedral sockets and basket sockets.
- pin heads- This is the most common setting style for solitaire engagement rings. The band (shank) and prongs that hold the diamond are two separate pieces that are soldered together. The prong heads may be a different type of metal than the stem (for example, a white gold ring may have a rose gold prong head, holding the diamond for a more personal touch). Also, it's important to know that screw heads generally have a higher profile configuration and are more prone to damage if your hands are rough.
- cathedral landscape-This solitaire style is a similar version of a pointed head, the tines and shaft are still two separate pieces. The difference, however, is that this ring setting is slanted upwards creating a steeple look towards the stone, using metal arches to support the diamond giving it that elegant cathedral look..The configuration of the cathedral is not as important as the head of the pin.
- basket configuration-This simple setup is a high end setup. Four or six prongs rise from the base of the band for the stone to sit on, and horizontal prongs are added to create the "basket" shape. This metal basket has open sides, allowing light to fall on the stone from all angles. A basket configuration can have straight sides, which has a more contemporary look, or curved sides, to create a more elegant look.
Halo Engagement Ring
The halo setting is when the center diamond of the engagement ring is surrounded and complemented by a rim of smaller diamonds. This style is popular becausegives the illusion of a much larger center stone. From a distance it looks like a large brilliant diamond which also gives you more bang for your buck.There are different types of halos including flush halos, floating halos and double halos.
FlushHalo- The diamonds are flush around the center stone, making the actual diamond appear larger than it is. Sometimes a flush haloset can damage a wedding ring if there isn't enough height between the shank and where the main diamond sits.
Floating Halo- The central stone is kept separate and raised slightly above the halo by the prongs. This creates a small space between the surrounding halo and the center stone called the "air line" giving it that floating appearance.(Video) The Addison Wedding | Katelyn + Maxx Highlights | Boca Raton, FL
- double halo- It's exactly what it sounds like, two halo circles around the center diamond. The double halo makes the diamond look even bigger and gives it that extra sparkle.
Three stone engagement ring
This timeless engagement ring setting features two mirrored stones on either side of a larger center stone, for a total of three stones (which gives the ring its name). future of the relationshipThe three stone setting adds to the romance and sentimentality of this ring stylerecently it has become a popular design for engagement rings again.
Engagement ring with diamond details
Diamond accent rings are among the most popular types of engagement rings.Diamond accents are small but visible diamonds that are added to the engagement ring in addition to the main diamond in the center.This costs extra but improves the design of the ring. Accent stones often appear as part of a ring design. The color and clarity should match the quality of the medium diamond.Some examples of accented engagement rings are hidden design elements, simple details and side curls.
hidden design elements- Also counts as a surprise detail. This is a special element that is added to the ring design and cannot be seen from the top view of the ring. Viewing the ring from the side reveals delicate metalwork and hidden gemstones. These intricate details make a classic ring look more unique and personal.
simple accents- A classic accent engagement ring has a simple row of accent stones along the top half of the band. They complement the center stone perfectly, regardless of the shape.
- lateral clusters-The grouping of accent stones on either side of the center stone combines the silhouette of a three stone design with the simplicity of a decorative ring. The set of details takes up more space than a single row of accent stones, making it a fancier element of a ring.
Vintage inspired engagement ring
Vintage engagement rings it's meInspired by the charm of the past. Don't be put off by the word vintage. Vintage engagement rings are often remade using old styles but new technology. This type of engagement ring often includes intricate hand-engraved details such as filigree and milgrain as part of the design. It can be used in various places in the ring, usually as part of the gallery. Milgrain is the addition of small metal beads as decoration anywhere on the ring, from the crown to the gallery to the band. yeahJust like today, there were different types of engagement rings in those times.Although there are many variations of antique rings, they can be grouped into three main categories: Victorian, Edwardian and Art Deco.
- Victorian Engagement Rings: 1837-1901-Victorian engagement rings arecharacterized by incredibly decorative and embellished engravings andThey continue to be sought after by brides looking for something different. Victorian rings were generally made in yellow gold and rose gold,since both metallic colors were Queen Victoria's favourites.Most Victorian rings have a large center stone that is often combined with several smaller cut stones to form a halo.
- Edwardian engagement rings: 1901-1915-The style of this period was light and delicate, showing a feminine and romantic quality.Platinum was the precious metal of choice in Edwardian times.Platinum's strength has enabled jewelers to create extremely intricate and detailed pieces.Because platinum was so easy to work with, you'll find so many natural, lace-like designs on Edwardian rings, including flowers, bands, scrolls and laurel wreaths.
Art Deco engagement rings: 1920-1945- Art Deco has influenced jewelry more than any other industry and is probably the most popular type of vintage ring out there. They have a bold geometric look with symmetrical sharp angles for dramatic effect. Jewelry designers from the Art Deco era often combined larger center stones with geometric detailssapphire,Emeralds or rubies.
DESIGN A CUSTOMIZED ENGAGEMENT RING
Personalized engagement rings are a great option if you're looking for something unique to you. By creating a custom engagement ring, you can personalize every detail of your ring so that it suits you perfectly, from the design to the materials. Here's how to create the ring of your dreams; This is why so many people choose customized engagement rings over generic ones.
Custom doesn't have to mean expensive or complex. A personalized ring can be as simple as the classic six-pointed solitaire or as ornate as an antique setting with an unusual piece of jewellery. The best part is that your engagement ring will be handcrafted right here in Boca Raton and not in a factory. Every piece, every diamond and every detail is treated with care and love to ensure the ring is everything you dreamed of.
At Devon's Diamonds & Decor we are proud to offer custom engagement ring designs in Boca Raton. We've been making custom engagement rings for generations, and with over thousands of designs under our belt, our team will create your one-of-a-kind masterpiece. We use next generation design software including 3D Matrix CAD (Computer Aided Design) to bring your inspiration to life.
CUSTOM ENGAGEMENT RING DESIGN PROCESS
There's nothing we love more than helping to create a stunning and timeless engagement ring, from our first client meeting to looking at proposal photos. Customers often come to us not knowing exactly what they want, but knowing they want something special. Our process at Devon's Diamonds & Decor is designed to ensure the ring is exactly how you envisioned it, no matter how simple or intricate. Your engagement ring vision can become a reality in these three simple steps:
- The process begins when you meet with our design experts at our Boca Raton jewelry store to discuss your vision. We use your ideas, drawings and pictures to create a sketch and theOnce the design is chosen, it is converted into a 3D computer rendering, also known as Computer Aided Design (CAD). and now theThe custom design heart begins!
- Next, the 3D CAD rendering will be presented to you.This detailed computer model allows you to preview your new custom design and get an idea of how your finished engagement ring will actually look. Any desired changes can be made prior to approval to eliminate the possibility of errors.
- Once approved, our professional jewelers will cast your artwork in your chosen precious metal. The final steps of the process include setting, polishing and pre-delivery inspection. From start to finish, this complicated process usually takes 2-3 weeks depending on the complexity of the project.
WHAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED WHEN DESIGNING AN INDIVIDUAL ENGAGEMENT RING?
- Custom orders take time.When it comes to creating a custom engagement ring, one of the most important things to consider is your timeline. Creating a custom ring takes more time than buying a pre-made engagement ring because you need time to design your ring, approve each step of the design process, and wait for the ring to be made.
- Set your budget.The thought of creating or buying an engagement ring can seem overwhelming at first, so our experts at Devon's Diamonds & Decor start by discussing your budget. We want to make sure you get the best ring for your budget and make sure you don't miss out on a ring that isn't within your budget. There are many things that can change the cost of a custom engagement ring such as: B. the choice of precious metals, diamonds or precious stones and the complexity of its design. Knowing the maximum amount spent before we start the ring design allows us to take that into account as our team will help you design your custom ring.
- Decide on the center stone and the side stones.Decide on oneheart stoneIt is the first step in making an engagement ring. This is where most of your budget comes in, so first let's focus on finding the perfect stone or stones within your budget. While white diamonds are the most traditional gemstone for an engagement ring, there are many gemstone options to choose from when it comes to personalization. You can opt for a colored diamond, e.g. B. a pink, blue or yellow diamond. You can choose a gemstone like ruby, blue sapphire or emerald. Or you can choose a semi-precious stone such as citrine, aquamarine or tourmaline. You can also choose many different types of gemstones or diamonds to create a very detailed and unique look. When you create an individual engagement ring, there are no limits! With so many options for diamonds and center stones, we recommend familiarizing yourself with their different shapes, styles, types, and colors when looking for inspiration for your ring. If you know you want a white diamond ring, focus on the different shapes of diamonds andunderstand the 4Cs(colour, cut, clarity and carat of the diamond). If you think you want something a little less traditional than a white diamond, spend some time researching all the diamond and colored gemstone options.
- Share your inspiration.Many people choose to customize because they already have a specific design in mind. If this is the case for you, you can bring pictures of what you want or a summary of your ideas. If you're not sure what you want for your custom design, take the time to research and get inspired. Check out premade engagement rings and save pictures of the ones you like and be sure to note what you like about them (Pinterest is a great tool for this). Then bring your inspiration board to Devon's Diamonds & Decor and let us know what you love about your inspiration pictures. Our team of experts can help you determine what you prefer in an engagement ring and use your preferences as a starting point for your custom design.
- Choose your precious metal.One of the best things about creating a custom engagement ring is that you can choose the exact materials you want. They can go more traditional with yellow gold or white gold. Or you can go for something more upscale like rose gold or two-tone. hiccupBefore stepping into our Boca Raton jewelry store, consider all of your precious metal options and see if there's something that particularly appeals to you.
if you think about itCreate a custom engagement ringPlease contact Diamonds & Decor of Devon. We specialize in the design of custom engagement rings, wedding bands and other custom jewelry in Boca Raton. Our fourth generation family of jewelers loves helping customers make their jewelry dreams come true.
At Devon's we pride ourselves on our customer service and quality diamonds. We make sure you are enthusiastic, educated and happy throughout the process so that when the time comes you can ask the question with complete confidence. Are you ready to find or start building the perfect engagement ring? Visit Boca Raton or call (561) 430-6988.